The capital of Oman- Muscat is a place that has a large population of locals as well as expatriates. Many people work in the city to earn a good living. Muscat is in fact a city where the standard of living is good and therefore the city is a preferred choice for many people in Oman. In the urban areas, the density of population is high and there are many people who are unable to find accommodation. For such people and especially single individuals like students or those who are living in the city to work, renting a room is a good option. There are many residents who offer a room on rent to others to earn extra cash.
However, renting a room is not as easy as it seems because there may be several clauses associated. For instance, a single room for rent may not be available and one may have to share the room with others. This builds up several apprehensions in the mind of people because they do not know of the roommates and cannot be sure of the fact whether they can adjust or not. Then, there is an issue of pets as some roommates may have pets with them which others may not be comfortable with. Muscat home believes that when looking for a room on rent, there are several things that must be considered and looked into and these are discussed below.
1. Budget:This first thing to consider is the budget. While taking room for rent in Muscat is available at affordable prices, there may be times when one may have to pay a lot of additional costs for the room and the rent turns out to be quite high. Therefore, it is better for a person looking for a room on rent to set a budget. Also, it is better to ask the owner renting out the rooms about the maintenance costs, electricity costs and any other cost involved in the room rent. It is also essential to know the total cost that needs to be paid up-front. Additionally, it is best to know how the owner will accept the rent i.e. in cash or via a cheque or in the bank account. Muscat home helps in taking room for rent in Muscat within one’s budget.
2. Location:Another important factor that needs to be looked at before taking a room on rent in Muscat is the location. If one is a student, it is essential to ensure that the place of attending classes is not far from the room taken on rent. If one is working in the service sector, it is best to opt for a room on rent in an area that is close to the office or place of work. Further, it is also better to take a room on rent in an area which is in close proximity to all the essential facilities and amenities like medical store, departmental store, hospital, park etc.
3. The property and neighborhood:It is important to look into the property where the room has to be taken on rent. It is necessary that the property is well-maintained and the neighborhood is safe. If the property is not well-kept, the room also would probably be not up to the mark and the owner may even ask for extra maintenance charges. Likewise, security is of paramount importance so that there are no chances of incidents like theft. Muscat home helps to find the most secure neighborhood for renting a room in Muscat.
4. Utilities to be paid for:At Muscat home, it is believed that when taking a room on rent in Muscat, it is required for a person to know what utilities are to be paid for. There are many owners who rent out rooms without offering any utilities like the use of a kitchen or use of a garden while there are others who may provide these utilities. Further, many owners also provide food or laundry services and charge for them. Therefore, it becomes mandatory to know of the utilities that one can use and has access to when taking a room on rent in Muscat. It is also ideally feasible to confirm the charges for the utilities so that one knows how much has to be paid every month.
5. Additional costs:When taking a room on rent, it is essential to know all additional costs involved with the room. Most people who rent out a room may charge an additional fee for maintenance, cleaning, internet as well as water and gas. It is advisable to know whether these additional costs are inclusive or exclusive of the rent that is being charged for taking room on rent. It is also essential to ensure that these costs fit the budget that has been decided.
6. Type of occupancy:Before taking a room on rent, it is also essential to know the type of occupancy available. There are many owners who rent out rooms on a single occupancy basis or require the room to be given to a specific number of roommates. In the latter case, it is better to know the number of roommates who occupy the room and how the rent has to be divided among the roommates. In this case, it is also better to know if the roommates have specific medical conditions or problems.
7. Rules:When taking a room on rent in Muscat, it is also better to know if there are any rules that must be followed. For instance, the owner may require the person living on rent to come to the room at a specific time or leave the room at a specific time or whether there are any specific quiet hours etc. This helps one to easily adjust in the room
Muscat home also helps one sign a rent agreement with the owner so that one does not have to go through legal troubles or problems at a later date. To rent a room in Muscat, Muscat home also helps one visit the property before renting the room and not simply go by pictures or someone’s words. This way, one can be assured of renting the best room in Muscat that meets all the needs and requirements.